Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Day at Unique LA

I had been hearing about a craft show in LA from other blogs that I follow and after hearing so much about it I had the itch to go. It sounded like just the thing I needed to inject some inspiration back into making things. There were some wonderful and motivating young entrepreneurs that made me believe that I can do anything again, so long as I put my mind to it.

Upon arriving, we paid our admission and received this cute little tote. This little tote would end up holding the countless amount of business cards and brochures that I would pick up.


Here is a view of most of the business cards that I picked up. Most of them are from sellers of paper goods.


I only managed to take pictures of two of the vendor spaces. The first one being Perhacs Studio which is based out of Bainbridge Island, Washington.


I thought they had a very clean design aesthetic. Their products and packaging incorporate ingenious ways of using ordinary materials thus making them extraordinary. Major Kudos to them.

The other vendor space that I managed to take a picture of was Genevieve Santos' le petit elefant. You can see her in the far right talking to a friend of mine. She was just as cute as a button with a great bubbly personality. Since I am a huge fan of animated movies I couldn't help but love her illustrations. She studied animation so her work has that aesthetic. She also had a 9-5 and decided to start making her own line of goodies and it is now her bread and butter. I want to join those ranks!


I also had to take a pic of her sign-up sheet. It was just too darn cute!



In the crafts section we did a little bookbinding with Jeannine Stein author of re-bound: creating handmade books from recycled and repurposed materials.


We made this cool fold-out book with some repurposed maps, (2) pieces of chipboard, (3) square sheets of paper, stamps, ribbon and a glue stick. It was a fun project that could be incorporated into many things. So simple too!

All in all I had a great day doing many different things with a friend !!

How about you? Leave a comment if you want to share something cool you did recently.


2 comments:

  1. I loved going to this show when I lived in L.A.! Totally missing it this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first time going to a show like this... it was inspiring!

    ReplyDelete