Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mami



My mom is the young lady standing proudly behind her loving aunts and uncle in her native country of Guatemala

Little did you know that you would embark on a journey into an unknown land with unknown people in order to provide a future for your family. You left everything that you knew. You learned a new language. You took a menial job to lay a foundation for the kids that were to come. You earned enough money to bring my dad into this country. You bought a small home to call your own. You strove for your American Dream.  You lived.

For this and more I could not be prouder in saying that I have an extraordinary mom. I strive every day to be as courageous and independent as you. Your efforts will not be in vain. Your same ambitious spirit lives within me.

I love you mom for all of your sacrifices and never-ending support. You are my biggest fan and I yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment