Thursday, July 14, 2011

{MADE}:: Wooden Table

I've been delinquent in posting this week. I have been preparing for many new things that are coming up. I am both excited and sad about them but it will no doubt be a test of my time management skills.

Since these posts are dedicated to my creations, I am excited to reveal my latest woodworking project. This is just the mock-up but thank goodness for it because I learned that it is too short to be used as a side table (even though it is the height of my coffee table) . I also learned that the weight is not balanced so I need to add more supports.


... so here is my table in the form of stylized tree branches.


... and another view. I would add a piece of glass to the top for the table surface.


However, in the shop I placed it upside down because it is better supported that way. I think I like this orientation too. I still need to add supports but I can see it working as a side table or even a stool.

For now the piece is sans glue, it is a series of biscuit joints and a lap joint.


I'd love to see some of your creations so if you'd like just comment below and link to them!

 

4 comments:

  1. Saweet! I guess if you have it "upside-down" you could use a smaller piece of glass. Is the piece of glass going to be an unusual shape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice - can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SixBalloons- hehe... that's the question of the hour! I was thinking of a simple shape like a circle or square but many have suggested getting glass with an unusual shape.

    Thanks for the support ladies!

    ReplyDelete