Friday, February 18, 2011

Field of Dreams

To maintain this new blogging kick I have to keep uttering these words... "If you build it... [they] will come". 














Even with that in mind I didn't do very well with the upkeep this week. I've just been at a loss for words. I have a lot of things going through the noggin' and am paralyzed by them. So many projects I want to finish and many that I want to start.

To be honest though, I think the paralysis usually stems from having to write follow-up emails for job applications. Its incredibly frustrating when you don't hear a peep from firms you send work out to and even have interviews with. Sure they are overwhelmed by applications, but having a little courtesy for the other side should not go out the window.

It makes me wonder if I should take the hint and see it as a blessing in disguise. Maybe I'm not cut out for a 9-5 (or in my profession an 8-8 on a good day). Maybe I can really start my own business and be my own boss doing some of the things that I love to do. Will I be considered a failure for not technically using my two Ivy League degrees? Or am I a more typical case for making my OWN work? I would love to continue to pursue my independent business but reality strikes and I have to face my massive loans. What a bummer. How long will it be until I can live comfortably with my income, can I really wait for years? When would I be able to start a family... how long will that have to wait?

I'll stop the introspection right here... what was I thinking... IT'S FRIDAY!! Time to wrap up the week, turn the page and start afresh. It's time to continue finding inspiration in the things around you.  It's time to start making things. I don't know about you all but I am at peace when I create. So here's to a productive weekend!

As a start, here is a group I am inspired by. Below is one of their pieces. 

nervous system- ring



 

 
























Below is a little something I made when I was bright-eyed and bushy tailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment