Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hunted:: Gathered: 08/27/11

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I've been catching up on some sleep. I slept over 9 hours yesterday... no alarms... no interruptions... just sleep. I also had the good intention of being good yesterday and staying at home to work on some lingering projects. Well, that was until I saw an ad for an estate sale with one promising item by one of my favorite designers, Bjorn Wiinblad.
I went to the estate sale and the item was still there, it was priced at $65. A bit rich for my blood but I decided to walk around with it while I thought about it. In walking around with it I discovered it had some damage... it was cracked and had been repaired. It was a deal breaker for me... unless I could get a deal because of the damage. I asked one of the estate sale brokers (I should have known better,I've been to their estate sales before and they are unfriendly and borderline rude) and he wouldn't budge on the price. I left it behind but decided to make the most of the day. I went to some thrift stores in the area and came home with these beauties:



I found a wonderful B&W throw with varying patterns for $2.


I also brought home my first Copco Skillet designed by Michael Lax. It was a little more than I would have liked to pay but since it was in great condition I bought it anyway. It was 50% too so it was still a good deal...


Take a look at this fun little walnut box with enamel decoration. It was made by the american company Bovano. Very retro... just look at those colors!


What are the odds... last week I shared my wonderfully vibrant wall hanging with hot pink and orange. I had never seen a woven piece in those colors. As luck would have it, I found another woven piece this week with pink as well! How crazy is that?


Lastly, I wanted to share my first Jens Quistgaard shaker. It is a later version that was made in Thailand but still exciting. I also wanted to mention that I bought a fun roll of wallpaper with a b&w pattern. You may have noticed it in some of my pictures.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

I'll be linking up with Sophie and Selena this week.



8 comments:

  1. Love that black and white throw. The black and white wallpaper is a great background for your photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found lots of vintage goodies at the thrifts after the disappointment at the estate sale. I love the shape of the shaker and am envious of the yellow skillet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe it, I've not been to an estate sale - will have to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skillet! Haven't found any vtg Copco yet...but that's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you ended up finding great stuff at the thrifts. I've had that same thing happen - a great looking item at an estate that costs a million dollars, and ends up being damaged when looked at closer. Then, I head out to thrift stores nearby and find some great stuff at cheaper prices! LOL. Estate sales can be a real bummer, and I wouldn't play that game, except I feel it's a sorta necessary to get better inventory once in awhile. I'd choose thrifts over estates any day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like some great scores as usual. :) I think my favorite find is the Dansk shaker. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete