Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hunted:: Gathered: 08/20/11


Hey all! I'm back again this week to share some fun goodies! I'm sorry for my lack of commenting on some of your pages, but I find myself struggling to even get my daily fix! Hopefully I'll start feeling settled soon. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Since it IS summer still, I found some more cheer before we get into fall. 


Plastics plastics plastics... Now, I have had my share of Heller finds and I've enjoyed them all but I never had the pleasure of finding non-primary and secondary colored ware... that is until this week! I found a couple of aqua plates that put a smile on my face. I also found a nice set of Nambe candlesticks.


In keeping with plastics I found this cool tissue holder designed by Makio Hasuike and produced by Gedy Design. It was hard to photograph, but there is a nice subtle detail by the opening.


As I mentioned last week, I found some candleholders at an estate sale. What I didn't tell you is that they are Dansk and were designed by Jens Quistgaard. I also found this cool amber fish/eel? paperweight. It looks familiar but for the life of me I haven't been able to find anything. Any one out there know? Is has some really cool details when you look at it from the front which makes me believe it's from the 50's or '60s.


At the estate sale where I found the beautiful wooden clock by Robert McKeown was this fantastic wall hanging. What really called out to me were the vibrant colors. Yes it really is hot pink! I loved it because it is so earthy but the great colors make it modern and fresh. Anyone know what else this might be called or what country it may be from? The colors are really throwing me for a loop...


Lastly... at a local thrift store I found this beautiful pair of bowls. I picked them up... noticed the rough matte texture on the outside of the bowls. Flipped them over and voila... I now have a pair of Krenit bowls! They aren't the large ones but I'll take what I can get, especially if they are at thrift store prices! These bowls were designed by Herbert Krenchel and the matte black is a fibre cement mixture.

How about you? Did you find any goodies this week?


12 comments:

  1. Ooh nice, Krenit - I've only ever found one bowl at a thrift or estate. The fish paperweight is cool too, but I've no idea on the maker. And nice wall hanging too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love loving that wall hanging. colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is amazing that you have found all these lovely designer pieces in the oppie - you go girrrl! Such vibrant colours - they will certainly brighten things up as the days get shorter and darker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wall hanging is so interesting it would be a lovely addition to any room.

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wall hanging is very striking and I'm keen on the candle holders you found at the estate sale too - great shade of green!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love that wall hanging...orange and pink yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Krenit bowls. Love the vibrant colors inside the bowls. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selection, beautiful photos - I love it all!
    I had a lucky Dansk find this week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have great taste! I'm in love with the aqua heller plates and the Krenit bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds, I especially think that fish paper weight is really cool.

    ReplyDelete